Thursday, June 21, 2012

Part Two

On my way back I couldn't help but think about how much things have changed since Korra left. The swordsmen have been training, the waterbenders have been training, and the healers have been training. But with the rumors of these weapons, more advanced technology, it frightens me... will we be able to rise against them? I also cannot help but wonder why these people have such a hatred towards benders... does my brother or even my father harbor such a hate? We've never really had to deal with a problem here.. are there equalist inside the walls?

Snow started to fall. I love it when the snow falls. Being able to tap into my bending and feel each molecule slowly dance its way to the ground, it's amazing. I smiled to myself.. I guess when I think about it I don't know what or who I would be without waterbending. I've been training forever, since I was very young. I actually remember being in classes with Korra...

Korra. I've been trying to not think about her but how could I not... We started off as rivals but became great friends. I've missed being able to hang out, train, and just overall get into trouble. I feel like I have been kind of a loner, my other friends have been hating on me for it. But we all miss her. The Southern Water Tribe isn't as small as it use to be, but it isn't exactly huge. Everyone pretty much knows everyone.

All of a sudden the ice was vibrating underneath my feet. Where was this coming from and what was making it? There was a state of confusion and it ran throughout the city. My first instinct was to run to the city walls and on my way it seemed it was most of everyone else's. "You cannot pass, go back to your homes, we will send news." Of course troops would already be out, what could they be hiding. I needed to get to the wall, I need to see what is going on with my own eyes. I turned around and headed back up the street. I followed the crowd back towards the heart of a city and I quickly turned down an alley way. Finally, I could make my way to the outer wall. I ran down to the other side and halted to a stop, poked my head out, and made my move. I saw the outer wall within my reach, if only... a force grabbed my belt backwards and brought me down. I swirled around to find myself staring up at one of my good friends, Lan. "I knew I'd find you running around, follow me I know a better way, they've got this clearing guarded." He held his hand out, helped me up, and we were running down the allies again.

The rumbling got even more intense under our feet. Something was happening, something was coming. Is this what we've been waiting for? Is our city going to go to war after so many years of peace? Lan was a much faster runner than I was, I held onto the end of his boomerang as we made our way through the tight paths. We finally were spit out at the end and in a secluded street. It was the back of some restaurants, mostly where they threw out the trash. "There." We were running once more but now for a staircase that lead up to an icy path. We flew up the stairs, down the path, and over to the ledge. Lan got to it first and I slid into him, but after what I saw I almost fell over the side.

"As ironic as this seems, are those fire nation ships?" Lan glanced down at me, I could tell he was annoyed. "You honestly need to pay more attention to things... Those are the United Forces ships, but what would they be doing here?" All I could imagine was this crazed Amon walking out of this ship and coming for my bending. We both watched the chief along with a couple of the generals walk out towards this ship that finally stopped right at the docks. It took forever for people to finally come out of this huge steal ship. I held my breath and held onto Lan's arm, he looked at me and I knew he was thinking the same thing.

"Is that Korra?"

No comments:

Post a Comment